Tuesday 9 April 2019

Major: Lost Boy - Present Graeme - New Toon Lines

I have been playing around with my scenes to try and make them look like the final renders which previously contained the new AI Toon for Arnold but as these only show up in the renders and not playblasts it wasn't feasible as I need my post-viz for hand in to look as much like the final film as possible. In the rendering tab there is a toon section that I applied an outline to Present Graeme from which shows in the viewport and when I playblast, I Simply converted the toon lines to polygons in the same section to see if they would show up in a render and they do! I think it looks so much nicer and sketchier which correlates nicely to my concept art and I like that is slightly offset and imperfect. I will be using this instead of the AI toon as I don't like how perfect the AI toon looks and it's also annoying that the lines get thicker when the camera is further away - I will be applying this method to all characters and certain objects throughout the film especially in the Art Room instead of having to make alpha channels around boxes - I'll keep the ones that are done but will be adding more with this method. Because the toon lines are polygons there is a lot of options to manipulate with which I think can add some nice impact to anxious elements.
New Toon Line

New Toon Line with Line Extend Cranked Up

Previous AI Toon

No comments:

Post a Comment