Friday 19 April 2019

Major: Lost Boy - Score - First Draft

The composer for Lost Boy - Brian Freeland has been busy bringing the film to life, Brians website details his skills and previous work and I choose Brian because I liked how he does classical elements but can also do more technical experimental pieces which I want to mesh together for Lost Boy.  I am really enjoying seeing these updates flourish - I love the leitmotif for Present Graeme, it's clumsy, comical with a dash of trouble. I really love the screechy sounds for the climax of the airport scene and the part where Young Graeme is introduced hit me right in the feels as it shows innocence, nostalgia and a dreamy vibe which correlates to him having his head in the clouds and always dreaming big. As this is just a first draft more elements will be added along with notes that I will make, so far hearing the sound bring the previz to life really gives me more incentive to keep on trucking and get this film made! I cannot wait to replace Moom with my polished sets and characters and see them manifest along with the score :)

Lost Boy Score Progress from Graeme Daly on Vimeo.

1 comment: