Wednesday 10 April 2019

Major: Lost Boy Post-Viz - Animation Progress #2

I am really enjoying animating and I am getting quicker at it particularly with the lip sync as Alan advised me I didn't really have a mouth open - wide and narrow blend shape as the rest of the wide and narrow blendshapes were connected to a phoneme it slowed the previous lip sync on shot one down but now that I have created and connected the wide and narrow shapes I am finding myself not needing the majority of the phoneme blend shapes as most of it is done with the jaw, wide and narrow. I do think the running shot could be better I want to return to this also the shot where Present Graeme smacks his head with the nervous ball of energy flourishing from his eyeball I want to lip sync this part but did have the wide and narrow blend shapes done for that shot - I will return to it and reconnect in the blend shapes.
Animation Progress 2_720 from Graeme Daly on Vimeo.

 Wide Mouth Closed Blend Shape

 Wide Mouth Open Blend Shape

Narrow Mouth Open Blend Shape

1 comment:

  1. Hey Graeme - I watch the clip on twitter you posted - I think you need to be wary of 'too much' arm movement etc - a sense of floaty, non-purposeful movement: I didn't get a sense you were moving from 'pose-to-pose' but rather just keeping everything moving all of the time. I think you need to watch this and ensure you'r not mistaking 'moving about' for 'performance'; when you're talking to camera etc think about what you want to emphasise and where you want us to look - otherwise you can create a kind of 'white noise' effect where the audience doesn't understand 'why' your character is moving his arms or whatever, they just read it as restlessness and 'flappy'.

    ReplyDelete