Friday 16 November 2018

Minor: Lost Boy - Pre-Viz//Animatic Progress

I have been working on the pre-viz/animatic for Lost Boy. Before I continue with it, I think it is in my best interest to create a shot list as I am finding it difficult to know how many frames a shot should last or how long a shot should linger after I say the lines.  As I am getting inspiration for shots while using Maya it would also be nice to know how many frames I can allow myself to see if I can fit those ideas for certain shots into the film as I don't want to make things too long as Phil mentioned I need to be cut throat in regards to what I will show and cut.

For the elements showing the "Nervous ball of energy" I want those to be rotoscoped in red and black possibly on top of the spherical alpha map, I will do some tests with this. I never shared a 2D abstract animation that I created using the animation toolbar for Photoshop while in Beijing for the animation workshop showing the emotion of anger, I think some of that rotoscope style would work nicely for the nervous ball of energy.
shot_1_shoelace.2 from Graeme Daly on Vimeo.


Abstract 2D Animation

No comments:

Post a Comment