Monday 8 June 2020

The Kick About #2 - Metropolis

The second creative dosage of the fortnightly kick about over at Reds Kingdom was created using the prompt "Metropolis" It couldn't have came at a better time as I am currently manifesting a 3D Metropolis, inspired by the Concept Art for my current animated short - The Green Glider 

With this prompt I wanted to capture the energy and constant movement that encompasses a Metropolis - Like a long exposure shot caught in an instant with lots of energy in the line-work and brightness in the blinding city lights,  I had a go of animating it too as I want to incorporate such elements into The Green Glider so it felt good to get some practice.






I also couldn’t help but pay homage to Metropolis by Fritz Lang - it’s one of my favourites!  Those harrowing tunnels with the workers heads hung low as they approach the underbelly of the city always stuck with me.”


No comments:

Post a Comment