Friday 5 October 2018

Lost boy: Voiceover Recording - Round 2

I have rerecorded the voiceover for Lost Boy, It is still not quite there yet but I think the main objective right now is to figure out visually exactly what is going to be shown and when, as with this recording I don’t know the pacing of the times of the voiceover because I don’t know how long any certain part of the animation is going to last for. 

With this recording I tried to inject more life into it and tried speeding things up and worry less about enunciating, I am starting to get into the flow of knowing how to draw out words or shorten them for emphasis along with altering the pitch of my voice, I particularly like the line “In the end they gave in” it's interesting because in the next chunk of the voiceover my voice sounds a lot happier because I couldn’t stop laughing after hearing that line over again. 

There is an annoying hum throughout the parts of the recording and I could edit this out in audition but for now I really want to nail the story and know exactly what is going to happen with the timing by drafting up a document with possible scenarios for the animation and then making a certain shot-list. I do enjoy recording the voiceover and I will return to the studio to record once again and I also want to record reaction sound effects but first I need to have the story set in stone. 


 
Old Recording


Newest Recording

No comments:

Post a Comment