Tuesday 18 September 2018

Lost Boy: Mrs Pratt's Art Room - Concept Art

Over the summer I did a few more designs for the art room, going by what Alan said about suggesting things rather than actually having them in plain sight as it is more feasible with modelling, I like the idea of having the art room with mounds of objects, but having a hint of something art room related like an easel, desks or paintbrushes mended into the mounds, I  think the mounds being different colours make it pop nice against the white background making it feel like an abstract painting while representing the multicoloured nature and free spirit of Mrs Pratt's art room, I think it feels almost kind of glitchy which I think represents memory nicely. I want to explore further with this concept art by creating and testing it in Maya.

Digital Paitning 1


Digital Painting 2


Traditional Watercolour Painting


5 comments:

  1. I love that top image, Graeme - looks fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks interesting Graeme! I'm liking the idea of contrasting the white, blank space against the cluttered objects of focus (the canvas, easel etc.), especially with getting that whole feeling of 'freedom' across. The traditional watercolour painting also has a sense of yourself coming across, but I'm also loving the top image!

    ReplyDelete