Monday 14 January 2019

Minor: Lot Boy - Art of Updated

I decided to return to my art of as I ran into a lot of problems with issu  just before hand In. I didn’t realise that Issuu automatically makes the pages front facing as I designed it to not take this into account when creating the document with artboards - I had the cover page be half the size and the following bulk of the document be twice the size of the cover page, even though I did do a test upload with the first two pages which seemed to look fine it was not the case when the whole document was uploaded as the pages were squashed down as issuu read the two pages as one, making it really wide but squashed, to accommodate for this with Alans help I had to add another page after the cover page and chop the front facing pages up into individual pages which unfortunately meant that my concept art and pages that run and makes sense next to each other were chopped up in the process. It is unfortunate that I did not get my art of to look the way that I wanted it to look for hand in as I can honestly say this is the first Art of that I have created that I actually like and I think it reflects nicely the style that I am going for with my film.. But I am taking it with a pinch of salt and have learned a valuable lesson.

I decided to finesse the art of more by fixing typo’s and adding more analogue elements such as more little doodles, an about section describing the story and page numbers, I also wanted to share that during the Christmas break when I was back home in the emerald isle I asked my niece to do some drawings for me and she was giddy to oblige which I included in the Art of,  as it was Christmas my neice’s drawings were mainly Christmas related which I think is adorable and I loved putting them in the art of and hopefully Eve can do some more for me and they can be scanned over and added for the Major art of.




The other elements such as the doodles were simply fonts that I downloaded from dafont and put on a separate photoshop document and just copied over the ones I wanted on a particular page, the majority of the other elements were vectors that I mainly download from  Clipartmax Along with a few that I scanned in myself. 








I really enjoyed doing the Art of for Lost Boy I like the way that it looks and I am happy that it reflects the film and it is nice to feel contempt with an art. 



No comments:

Post a Comment